Search Engineering is a team comprised of highly skilled and senior engineers, experts in the search domain. The team plays an enormous role in helping us achieve our 'perfect matches' ambition as they are responsible for providing search capabilities as a service to all of our marketplaces across the globe. Along with developing and maintaining the in-house built search component, centred around Elasticsearch, the team collaborates closely with data scientists in charge of personalized search features. The team is also responsible for operations and monitoring. The performance of the provided service is very important.
As a Technical Lead, you will get to work on challenging topics where experience and skills matter. You will implement sensible, scalable systems and you will be asked to diagnose, resolve and prevent production issues. You will collaborate with the rest of the team and you build a strong shared technological and domain expertise. You will be part of a team with full control and ownership of its software.
- Lead, and manage a cross-functional engineering team; to deliver, support, and maintain products in our data platform from conception to production.
- Lead by example, write code, drive the system design, and push the envelope with innovative thinking.
- Help enforce and continuously improve our software engineering practices, processes, and tools.
- Empower and mentor team members to improve their craft, deliver high-quality products, and develop themselves.
- Work cross-functionally to build a great engineering culture within MPI.
- Raise awareness of Marketplaces Components within the technology community; through meet-ups, conferences, and open source contributions.