Our Serenity team plays a key role in helping us achieve our ‘most trusted’ goal as they are building the automated global fraud detection and moderation component that will cater to our marketplaces globally. Serenity has had a very successful launch; it’s deployed in 6 countries and is utilizing the latest machine learning techniques to provide a safer experience for over 12 million customers in the last 6 months alone. We have many interesting challenges on the horizon and need outstanding team players to join us as we scale. This position is located in Paris 10th, within Leboncoin’s office; part of the Schibsted family. Our team is distributed in Paris, Vienna and Barcelona.
This brand new DevOps Engineer position for Serenity has an awesome challenge ahead. The Serenity product runs on a custom made platform as a bespoke mesos framework written in C. We’ve created this position to refactor the platform by first decoupling a few things, rewrite an orchestration piece from C to a best-fit language and move towards Kubernetes. Our devops engineers will be the primary advisors who partner with the tech lead in driving this agenda and ensuring world class delivery, monitoring and alerting of the platform and product. If this sounds awesome and you want to be part of an international environment, you might the person we are looking for.
- Design, develop, maintain and operate the evolution of our state-of-the-art scalable platform
- Develop the continuous delivery pipelines strong monitoring and alerting mechanisms
- Work closely with the backend and frontend engineering teams
- Role model documentation and world class API/CLI
- Keep on top of the latest developments in distributed systems and the cloud
- Help to improve our ways of working and communicate best practices