Our Serenity team plays a key role in helping us achieve our ‘most trusted’ goal as they are building the automated global fraud detection and moderation component that will cater to our marketplaces globally. Serenity has had a very successful launch; it’s deployed in 6 countries and is utilizing the latest machine learning techniques to provide a safer experience for over 12 million customers in the last 6 months alone. We have many interesting challenges on the horizon and need outstanding team players to join us as we scale. This position is located in Paris 10th, within Leboncoin’s office; part of the Schibsted family. Our team is distributed in Paris, Vienna and Barcelona.
As a Backend Engineer you will be in charge of building a state-of-the-art scalable system. You will collaborate with the team to build a strong shared technological and domain expertise. If you like to be part of a team-first engineering team that works from ideas to production & operations, work with latest technologies with a tech-agnostic mindset, and be part of an international environment, you might the person we are looking for. You will be part of a team that works with full ownership of the solutions, meaning you will directly impact our roadmap and help shape our ways of working.
- Design, develop, maintain and operate the global product
- Ability to build and design technical solutions from scratch
- Role model documentation and world class APIs
- Keep on top of the latest developments in distributed systems and cloud tech
- Help to improve our ways of working and communicate best practices
- Continuously monitor the health and quality of our systems